Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

How to Launch a Teen: Comparing Time Usage to Goals

After our unsuccessful look around Kaitaia in search of journals, I thought I'd go online and find a few for you to look at.  Amazing lack of luck so far.  I crashed the Smiggle site, but maybe when you read this it will be working.  Whitcoull's is obviously still experiencing growing pains and it's website is useless compared to other online bookstores.  I was able to run a few searches that returned journals, here and here and here (and one for me).  You might like this one.  Or one of these at Warehouse Stationery.  This seller on trademe has some, but it's rather a pain to browse because you have to click on each one to see a picture.

I am off to a slow start in my attempt to collect data my Actual Days.  For more than half my life I have used a page-a-day diary to do this (well, when I worked, I used a two-page-a-day diary), and this year I didn't buy one for myself.  (Another contributor to my current time stress?)  I should have bought one on Friday. 

So while I take a step back and do some preparation, I thought we could talk about goals.  One of the factors we consider when we decide how to use our time is whether or not an activity supports our goals.  Here are some of the goals hidden in my Ideal Day:
  • Read 75 books in 2011.
  • Make Trippy Roads Ranch a place that can support the family, if necessary, and be a place we can all enjoy.
  • Organze and decorate the house so that it is a relaxed and pleasant place to live.
  • Offer adequate support to help you complete college and start university study.
  • Offer adequate support to help Jason in his transition from intermediate school to college.
  • Offer adequate support to help Jordan in her transition from full-time mom to something else.
  • Maintain accurate and current financial records for the business.
  • Help Dad rebrand the business.
  • Launch a late-life career for myself as a writer / life coach (or something).
  • Still be happily married to Dad at the end of it.
What goals are supported by the activities in your Ideal Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment